Interactive Panel Discussion on “General Data
Protection Regulation (GDPR) – An Indian Corporate Perspective”
Date: 24th May, 2018
Duration– 9:00 am to 12 noon
The Panel Discussion was organized by Cyberlaws.Net and Pavan Duggal Associates, Advocates, one of India’s best technology law firms, which has been advising clients on various issues pertaining to GDPR and its impact and relevance in the Indian ecosystem.
GDPR is a new set of rules, designed to give European Union citizens more control over their personal data. It aims to simplify the regulatory environment for businesses, so that both businesses and citizens can benefit from the digital economy.
The Panel Discussion aims to:-
- sensitize the Indian stakeholders about what GDPR really means;
- identifying the impact of GDPR on corporates, individuals and businesses in India;
- understand and analyze the various nuances of legal ramifications of GDPR in the Indian context;
- explore as to whether the Indian data processing companies are subject to GDPR;
- identify what Indian data processing companies can expect concerning GDPR;
- explore practical preparedness of Indian corporate world concerning GDPR and other legal, policy and regulatory issues connected with GDPR;
- examine the significance of recent RBI notification on data retention;
- impact of data breach notification legislation in India;
- overall impact of the Information Technology Act, 2000 and rules and regulations made thereunder on the issue of data protection and interplay with GDPR.
More about the aforesaid Panel Discussion is available at http://cyberlawcybercrime.com/interactive-panel-discussion-general-data-protection-regulation-gdpr-indian-corporate-perspective